Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
When my kids get home from school they are starving. In fact the first thing my six year old says to me when he I pick him up is "What's for snack?". No hello, no I missed you, forget mom. It's all about the snack. I work from home during the day while they are in school, plus I try to get all of the housework done while they are gone to. I am always looking for super easy snacks like jello, peanut butter and crackers, or granola bars for their after school snack because I don't have a lot of time to fix them something special. That's one of the reasons that I love these Peanut Butter Cookies they can be made in a jiffy and only take four ingredients which are always in my cabinets.
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a large cookie sheet.
3. Using a hand mixer beat all ingredients together until they are creamy.
4. Roll the dough into one-inch balls. (My least favorite part.)
Please ignore the state of my cookie sheets. They are well used, and desperately need
replacing. It's on my Valentines Day wish list. Romantic, huh?
5. Using a fork press down cookies in a criss-cross shape.
6. Sprinkle cookies with a little bit of white sugar.
As you can see neatness doesn't really matter.
6. Bake cookies for twelve minutes.
Be sure to watch them though or you will end up with a few well done ones like me.
7. Allow cookies to cool on pan for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Makes about two to three dozen cookies depending on size.