Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays - Hot Wings
Join the Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays fun at Blessed with Grace.
And be sure to check out my 100th Post Giveaway here!
Our hot wings are not exactly what you would call hot wings, they are chicken, and they are hot but they are made from boneless, skinless chicken breast instead of wings. We made these last Saturday to eat while we watched the UofL/UofK basketball game. So I apologize if the pictures are not the best, we were running out of time before the game started.
What you will need:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
red cayenne pepper
your choice of hot wings sauce (we buy our sauce directly from Buffalo Wild Wings)
Oil for cooking
1. Preheat oil for cooking. We use peanut oil in a deep fryer.
2. In a small bowl mix 1 cup flour with 1 teaspoon each of black pepper and salt, and 1/2 teapsoon of red cayenne pepper.
3. In another small bowl add 1 cup of milk.
4. Dip chicken breasts in milk.
6. Roll chicken pieces in flour mixture.
7. Drop chicken breast pieces into the deep fryer one by one. Do not drop in a bunch at a time or they will stick together.
8. Cook until golden brown and then remove from deep fryer.
9. Allow chicken to drain on a paper towel.
10. Roll cooked chicken in your choice of hot wing sauce. We use a variety of sauces that were purchased at Buffalo Wild Wings