Join us for Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
No Bake Cookies are one of my favorite cookies. They are easy to make, and they really quench my craving for chocolate. On a whim one night I threw some coconut into the mix and the result was so wonderful that it has become a permanent part of my recipe.
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons Dutch cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1. In a heavy saucepan add the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk.
2. Bring mixture to a rolling boil.
3. Let boil for 1 minute.
4. Add the mixture in the saucepan to the peanut butter, vanilla, oatmeal, and coconut.
5. Mix all ingredients completely.
6. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of cookie mixture onto a sheet of waxed paper.
Of course I ran out of waxed paper on the day I made these and had to use aluminum foil instead. I had the same results as when I use waxed paper.
7. Allow cookies to cool. Once they have hardened they are ready to eat.