Join us at Blessed With Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.
I have a confession to make, I did not learn to cook growing up. I could bake a little but as far as cooking goes, I didn't have a clue. I have basically taught myself what I know, and it's been a journey. I honestly had to have a recipe the first time I cooked mashed potatoes. This is why I like to share basic recipes from time to time. I am hoping that I can help someone else out there who has no clue about the basics of cooking.
One of my favorite cooking appliances is my GE broaster I bought several years ago, it was only $25 and has been worth it's weight in gold. I used my broaster to cook my ham.
A special thanks to my husband for helping me prepare my ham while I took pictures.
1. Rub outside of ham with brown sugar.
2. Place ham on rack in broaster and place about two inches of water in the bottom of the broaster. Making sure it does not touch the ham.
3. Mix 1/8 cup of brown sugar with 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. Inject the top half of the ham with the pineapple juice mixture.
4. Cook the ham at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Turn ham over, and inject the bottom half of the ham with the pineapple juice mixture.
6. Finish cooking the ham at 350 degrees for about 3 hours or until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.