Join us at Blessed with Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.
According to my menu plan I was to cook Baked Spaghetti tonight, and Pepperoni Pizzaz on Saturday night but Pepperoni Pizzaz was a new recipe that I really, really wanted to try so I switched them. When I saw the recipe on Full Bellies, Happy Kids I knew I had to try it however I changed it up a little bit. Here's my version of the recipe.
1 box Rotini Pasta
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 package sliced pepperoni
1 pound hamburger
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded mozerella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown hamburger.
Easy time saving idea: When I come home from the grocery I brown my hamburger and drain it. Then I allow it to cool before putting it in a ziploc bag. Once it's in the bag I remove all of the air from the bag and freeze it. This way when I have a recipe that calls for browned hamburger I just pull a bag out. It saves both defrosting and cooking time.
3. Cut pepperoni slices in half.
4. Mix spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and one cup of the mozerella cheese together in a large bowl.
4. Add in pepperoni slices, hamburger, and rotini noodles.
Don't you love my pink bowl? I got it at Target for $1! I also bought a yellow, blue, and purple one. I thought they were bright and springy!
5. Pour entire mixture into a large cake pan.
6. Cover with remaining one cup of mozerella cheese.
7. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.