This is our absolute favorite white cake recipe, and it is our go to recipe for cakes. I have adapted it over the past couple of years and absolutely everyone of our birthday cakes are made using this recipe.
This recipe makes two 9-inch cakes, one 10-inch bundt cake, one 9x13 inch cake pan, or twenty-four cupcakes
2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
4 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your pan (or pans).
2. In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, stir in vanilla.
4. In another bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
5. Slowly add flour and baking powder mixture to the creamed mixture.
6. Add in milk and stir until batter is smooth.
7. Bake cupcakes 20 to 25 minutes. Bake all other cakes 40 to 45 minutes.