Yummy Dinner Roll Recipe (Bread Machine Recipe)
This recipe actually came into exsistence out of necessity. I had planned to make my normal dinner rolls for dinner earlier this week, when I discovered that we had no milk.
I don't know if anyone else has this problem or not but our house have these magic refrigerator fairies, they come along and drink all the milk. It's truly amazing, no one will claim responsibility for using all the milk and not telling mom, so it has to be the fairies.
Sooo, my dinner roll recipe requires milk, which I have none of, and I really needed to make some rolls for dinner. I ended up tweaking my breadmachine breadstick recipe (which I discovered I have not yet posted here) for dinner rolls. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, and honestly, I was expecting the worse, but everyone loved them. They are actually much, much better than my normal dinner roll recipe.
Here's the recipe:
1 package dry yeast
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 cup canola oil
4 cups all purpose flour
1. Add all ingredients into the pan of your bread machine in the order listed.
Yes, the order listed. I know you normally don't add the yeast in first and let it touch the water in bread machine recipes but do it here.
2. Set bread machine to the dough cycle.
3. Removed dough from bread machine pan, and roll out onto a lightly floured surface.
4. Use a small plastic shot glass to cut dough into small balls. Place on a greased baking sheet.
5. Allow rolls to rise 30 minutes.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
7. Brush tops of cooked rolls with melted butter.