Join us for Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
1 package active dry yeast
1 2/3 cups warm water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
5 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup pecans
1. In the pan of your bread machine mix together water, yeast, and flour. Set bread machine to dough cycle.
2. About five minutes before the dough cycle on your bread machine start preparing your caramel mixture. In a glass cake pan stir together 2/3 cups brown sugar, 3 tablespoons corn syrup, and 3 tablespoons butter, this will form your caramel topping. Spread the caramel topping across the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle with pecans.
3. Once the dough cycle of bread machine is complete roll dough into a 16 by 12 inch square (this does not have to be exact, mine never is) onto a lightly floured surface.
4. Spread butter over dough, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
5. Roll dough into a long tube.
6. Slice dough into one inch slices and place in cake pan.
7. Allow rolls to rise for 30 minutes or until they have doubled in size.
8. Cook in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
9. Once the rolls are done cooking, invert them onto a serving tray.