Join us for Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
I've mentioned before that I literally did not know how to boil water when I got married. I had no
clue how to cook anything which meant I had to look up recipes for even the simplest of meals. It's for that reason that I often post simple recipes that most people already know how to cook. I know how it feels to be totally clueless when it comes to cooking.
One of the simplest meals I know how to cook is Italian Sausage with Green Peppers and Onions. It is a snap to put together, and on top of that is a very inexpensive meal.
1 large green pepper or 2 small ones
1 medium sized onion
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray bottom of a glass pan with cooking spray, and place Italian Sausages in it.
3. Slice onions and green peppers into thin strips. Place sliced onions and green peppers on top of Italian Sausages.
The green peppers in this picture are chopped, they were frozen and were what I had on hand.
4. Cover pan with aluminum foil and place in oven.
5. Cook in oven for 45 minutes to an hour. I have found that length of cooking time depends on the brand of sausages that you use.
6. Serve on hoagie rolls.