Join us for Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays at Blessed with Grace.
Be sure to sign up for my latest giveaway! One lucky reader will win a $40 gift certificate to CSN Stores!
Over the weekend we celebrated Little Man's birthday, and since we had a Luau themed party we decided to make Pineapple Ice Cream. I searched and searched the Internet for a great Pineapple Ice Cream recipe but just could not find one that I really liked, so I decided to concoct my own recipe. Luckily, it turned out great. Let's be honest, if it hadn't turned out good, you wouldn't have heard about it.
4 eggs (if raw eggs make you nervous you can use an egg substitute)
2 cups white sugar
2 twelve ounce cans evaporated milk
1 fourteen ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1. Using an electric mixer cream eggs and sugar.
2. Add in evaporated milk, condensed milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Stir in crushed pineapple.
4. Add whole milk until mixture reaches the fill line.
5. Mix according to your ice cream freezer's manufacturers directions.