This week there weren't many great deals at the grocery stores, and a lot of what I got was snack food type things. However, I did manage to find 3 pound tubes of hamburger at Meijer for $4 a tube, making it $1.33 a pound. They only had four tubes left so I bought all four getting 12 pounds of hamburger for just $16. It made me smile. And this came on the heels of me doing the happy dance in Michaels where I found this wreath
marked down to just $4.99. It was one that they had made in the store for Christmas and was originally priced $49.99 but it was on sale for 90% off.
Here's what I spent this week:
Meijer was my biggest shopping trip this week. I bought:
(3) candy bars for the kids
(3) Krusteaz peanut butter cookie mixes $1.99 each with $1 off coupon making them 99 cents each
gallon Meijer Milk $2.49
(2) boxes Uncle Bens Boil in a Bag Rice $2.62 each with $1 off coupon making them $1.62 each
(3) Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese dinners $1.67 each, with $1 off coupons making them $0.67 each
Planko Bread crumbs $1.57
(2) Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie mixes $1.50 each with $0.40 coupons that were doubled making them $0.70 each
(4) 3 pound rolls of hamburger $4 each
(2) bags Chex mix $1.25 each with $0.50 coupons that were doubled making them $0.25 a bag
(2) boxes Betty Crocker muffins $1.67 each with $0.50 coupon doubled making them $0.67 each
Kraft String Cheese $5.99 with $1 off coupon making it $4.99
bag Meijer hasbrowns $2
bag Meijer french fries $2
Total Coupon Savings $13.60
Total Out of Pocket Cost $45.01
My Walgreens trip would have been better except for the fact that I had to buy sinus medicine that I needed and could not get on sale. So it really throws my total off.
Severe Sinus/Allergy Medicine $5.99
(2) Stayfree Maxi Pads 16 count $1.99, used Buy One Get One Free coupon making them $1.00 each
used $1 Register Rewards
Total coupon savings $2.99
Total out of pocket cost $7.68
Walmart was another small trip this week. I bought:
Purina Puppy Chow $4.48 with $1 off coupon making it $3.48 (plus it had another $1 off coupon in bag)
(6) boxes Snuggle Dryer Sheets $1.87 each with $2 on 2 coupon making them $0.87 each
Total Coupon Savings $7
Total Out of Pocket Cost $9.80
For the week I saved a total of $23.59 with coupons and spent $62.49. This is all I spent this week on groceries to feed five people. I know it doesn't look like I bought a lot but I will use it in conjunction with what I have already bought this month and have in my stockpile.
So far this month I have spent $245.50 with a total coupon savings of $91.98.