This Roast Beef and Gravy recipe is what I consider to be one of my frugal recipes, and is one that I use often when I can get Roast Beef marked down.
I was able to find these packs of Hillshire Farm Roast Beef lunchmeat marked down to $1.49 each. I had coupons that made them just $0.49 each when doubled. so I spent a total of $2.50 on the Roast Beef. My local grocery store marks these down all of the time. If you find these on sale and are not going to use them right away they do freeze well.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take the Roast Beef out of the package and place in the bottom of a glas pan.
3. Depending on how much Roast Beef you will be using will depend on how many packages of brown gravy you need. I used 2 packs of Brown Gravy Mix for 5 packs of Roast Beef. Our Sam's Club sells 6 packs of these in a box for $3. Making them just $0.50 each. I mixed the Brown Gavy mix pack with one cup of water. I did not prepare it the way the package says on the back.
4. Pour the gravy mixture over the top of the Roast Beef.
5. Place in oven for thirty minutes.
This provided enough for the five of us to eat with second servings, and leftovers for the next day. My total cost for the Roast Beef and Gravy was $3.50. Paired with a can of corn, and mashed potatoes this meal can easily be put on the table for less than $5.
I do the same thing with turkey, using turkey lunch meat and turkey gravy.
I am linking this post up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays at Blessed With Grace.