Sunday night I wanted something sweet to eat. I didn't want Brownies or anything chocolate, and I was tired so I needed something that was easy to make without too much work. After much thought I decided on Blondies.
I know there are a ton of Blondie recipes out there, and mine is nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary but I like it, it's simple. Sometimes there is a lot to be said over simplicity.
1 1/2 cups packed Brown Sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a glass 9x13 cake pan.
2. Melt butter or margarine in the microwave. Mix melted butter with the brown sugar and sit aside.
3. In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Beat the eggs and vanilla into the brown sugar/butter mixture. Add the flour mixture in a little bit at a time.
5. Stir the chips in.
6. Spread the batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I am linking this post up with Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays at Blessed With Grace.