Pot Pie is one of the easiest ways to use up extra turkey or chicken. When I have leftover chicken or turkey I will usually freeze it until I am ready to make the pot pie and then on the day I plan to make it I will thaw it out. I have also been known to make up the filling for the pot pie and freeze it, then on the day I want to make my pot pie I will pull it out, then top it with either a homemade or frozen pie crust. This recipe calls for a mayo based pie crust, which is simple to make but any pie crust will do. I make my turkey and chicken pot pie using the same recipe, the only difference is the type of meat I use.
3 cups chopped potatoes
2 cups fresh or frozen peas
1 cup chopped carrots
2 to 3 cups chopped turkey or chicken
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 cup white wine
1/3 cup flower
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1. Prepare all vegetables for filling.
2. Add the diced vegetables and chicken or turkey into a bowl.
3. In a saucepan whisk together the ingredients for the gravy - chicken broth, milk, white wine, flour, and cornstarch. Heat over medium heat until mixture thickens.
4. Pour gravy over vegetables and meat, then stir together thoroughly coating everything with gravy.
5. Pour entire mixture into an 11x14 cake pan.
2 Cups Milk
2 Cups Mayo
2 Cups Flour
6. Mix all crust ingredients together and then pour over top of pot pie filling.
7. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.