Throwback Thursday: No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies with Coconut
One of the new features I have decided to add to the blog is Throwback Thursday. Throwback Thursday is popular on social media for posting old pictures but I thought it would be fun to revisit old blog posts. For this week's Throwback Thursday blog post I am going to revisit a post that was originally posted to the blog five years ago on February 11, 2010 and features a recipe for No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies with Coconut. The original post can be found here.
No Bake Cookies are one of my favorite cookies. They are easy to make, and they really quench my craving for chocolate. On a whim one night I threw some coconut into the mix and the result was so wonderful that it has become a permanent part of my recipe.
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons Dutch cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1. In a heavy saucepan add the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk.
2. Bring mixture to a rolling boil.
3. Let boil for 1 minute.
4. Add the mixture in the saucepan to the peanut butter, vanilla, oatmeal, and coconut.
5. Mix all ingredients completely.
6. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of cookie mixture onto a sheet of waxed paper.
Of course I ran out of waxed paper on the day I made these and had to use aluminum foil instead. I had the same results as when I use waxed paper.
7. Allow cookies to cool. Once they have hardened they are ready to eat.