Skinny Chocolate with Coconut
Chocolate. Just the word makes me think of something wonderful. There are days where I absolutely need my chocolate to get through the day. Unfortunately, chocolate and my waistline just don't always get along, so my relationship with chocolate became a love/hate relationship. I love chocolate, but I hate what it does to my waistline. Then I found skinny chocolate. It was an amazing experience, the skies parted, the sun began to shine, and angels began to sing...., well maybe it wasn't all of that but it was pretty amazing. You see, skinny chocolate is chocolate that actually helps you to lose weight because one of it's base ingredients is coconut oil. HALLELUJAH! Coconut oil has many health benefits in addition to promoting weight loss so it really is a good thing to add to your diet.
The first time I tried skinny chocolate it wasn't that great. It took some tweaking and I have finally found the skinny chocolate recipe that works best for me. Here's how I make my skinny chocolate:
Please forgive the quality of the pictures, they were taken at night in my kitchen so the lighting isn't the best.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 packets of Truvia
1. Melt 1/2 cup coconut oil. I do this in the microwave but you could do it in on the stove.
2. Stir in cocoa powder and Truvia. Be sure to mix thoroughly because you don't want
any pockets of powder.
3. Pour chocolate into your mold. This can be a shallow dish, or some people even use
fancy chocolate molds for their skinny chocolate. I use a flat lid from one of my plastic
4. Sprinkle coconut flakes in chocolate. If you don't want coconut in yours you don't have to
add it. It is perfectly delicious without the coconut but I like the little bit of flavor and
texture that the coconut adds.
5. Place the chocolate in the freezer for about an hour or until hardened.
6. When chocolate is hardened remove from mold. If you used a solid mold like me
break chocolate into pieces. I keep my skinny chocolate in a freezer safe Rubbermaid
bowl with a lid and when I want a piece or two I take it out. Coconut oil has a low melting
point so if your skinny chocolate is left out it will melt quickly.
If you are on the Trim Healthy Mama plan skinny chocolate may be eaten in a "S" setting.